Herbal Medicine is a system of traditional healing which uses plants in the treatment of ill health and has been used effectively all over the world for thousands of years. Even today 80% of the world’s population relies on local plants, rather than pharmaceutical drugs for medicine.
Rigorous Training and Safety
Modern herbalists undergo a rigorous three degree year training which includes diagnosis, physical examination and nutrition, as well as botany and plant pharmacy. We know which plants to use safely in any given circumstances and are aware of possible interactions between herbs and prescribed medicines.
Commonly treated problems
Herbal medicine can be used on its own or alongside other treatments for a wide range of common health problems, including:
- Allergies: food intolerances, hay fever, dust, mould, pets
- Arthritis (Oesteo arthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Asthma and COPD
- Catarrh and Sinusitis
- Children’s Complaints (infections, teething, digestive problems, anxiety etc)
- Constipation, Indigestion, Acid reflux, Ulcers, Parasitic infections, IBS, Inflammatory Bowel Conditions
- Cystitis and Urinary Disorders. Prostate problems.
- Eczema and Skin Disorders
- Hay Fever
- Headache, Migraine, Labyrinthitis, Vertigo
- High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol. Help with managing side effects of pharmaceutical drugs/controlled reduction of pharmaceutical drugs alongside herbal therapy.
- Infections and Immune Deficiency
- Infertility and help with undergoing fertility treatments such as IUI & IVF/ICSI
- ME and Chronic Fatigue
- Menopause and Hot Flushes
- Panic Attacks, Anxiety
- Period Pains and Pre Mentrual Tension. Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Stress, Depression, Low Energy, Addictions
- Thyroid & Adrenal condtions (Hashimoto’s Hypothyroidism, Graves Disease (Hyperthyroidsim) I have a particular specialty in treating thyroid conditions having spent many years figuring out the best treatment strategies, though the treatment of my own thyroid condition. Thyroid is a big passion of mine.